View Cart | (0) item(s) | Total cost:: $0

Chivette Featurette: Reptile Rae

Posted September 02, 2015
Submitted by Facey
chivettefeaturette, reptilerae, chivette, whyichive

Have you ever seen a 'stranger's' pictures through OK CHIVE and you're like "Yep. I wanna be friends with her!".

-Cue Reptile Rae.

Rae is an animal technician (fancy name for a zookeeper) in the herp department of the OKC Zoo. Herp is a short name for Herpetofauna which refers to all reptiles and amphibians.

Follow her on IG (@Rae_Karpinski) to see more pictures of her amazing animals and get the inside scoop of what it takes to be a zookeeper.

Do you want to submit a Chiver or Chivette who you think deserves the spotlight? Email us at submission@okchive.org

This is Nigel, a Crocodile monitor. He is Rae's favorite animal to take care of.

You don't want none of this 16ft Anaconda.

Rae says "This is a sidewinder for people who don't think snakes are cute! Just look at that face!!!"

Rawr the Veiled Chameleon

Rae and Debbie. Debbie is a 90 year old Galapagos Tortoise.

The only amphibian-cause reptiles are her favorite. This is a red-eyed tree frog.

A 2 day old Mcgregor's Viper that she helped breed at the zoo.

The OKC Zoo sent Rae to "Croc School". She's sitting on a 14 ft American Alligator. Crikey!

New Caldonian Giant Gecko. Probably not the Geiko Gecko.

The Bromodo Dragons. Well, not really. They're 5 year old sister Komodo Dragons that Rae has helped raise and train since they were a few months old.

Rae assisted with radio tracking Horned Lizards at Tinker Air Force Base. This is a wee little baby horned lizard. They're cute but pretty sure they'd know if you stuck him in your pocket.

I'm certain he's smiling and content in Rae's hand.

Rae teaching a young girl about her job in hopes that the next generation will find the passion that she has.

Yep. They're breeding. Totally making babies. Made you smile, huh? I know I am looking forward to seeing baby Egyptian Tortoises.

Rae n Rawr!

comments powered by Disqus

Search

Follow Us

Popular Posts