View Cart | (0) item(s) | Total cost:: $0

Bearded Baron Of Bourbon Review: Leadslingers Bourbon Whiskey

Posted July 31, 2015
Submitted by Vic
beardedbaronofbourbon, whiskey, bourbon, cheers, random

LeadslingerLeadslingers Bourbon Whiskey. Distilled by our friends upstate at Scissortail Distillery, this 80 proof bourbon was founded in 2013 by seven combat veterans. According to the product labeling, their focus was to bring a quality bourbon whiskey to freedom-loving whiskey lovers like themselves. 

Presentation is American proud! Brown paper bag-colored labels adorn the front and back of this cylindrical, square-shouldered bottle. The front label shows stars over an eagle holding an automatic rifle, all in blue. Red stripes ascend from the rifle in a rippling wave. The lettering is simple and shares the same blue of the eagle. The back label has an inward facing monochrome U.S. flag. Love it!

On the nose, Leadslingers is light and sweet. Vanilla over oak. Tasting is true to the nose, as you are greeted by a vanilla and oak flavor. The burn is on the mild side much like Scissortail bourbon. Late in the tasting there's an almost chocolate chip cookie character. The finish is creamy and warm, the exhale dry and oaken. 

Opening Leadslingers Bourbon is pleasant. The mild burn persists if not too diluted. A buttery quality arises in the flavor. 

Even though I'm doing this review with a heavy heart (our beloved dog passed away last night), I am delighted with the drink. I'm sure most of this bottle will be drank in memoriam. Scissortail has another quality whiskey in Leadslingers Bourbon! Triple B rates this patriotic bourbon 4.2/5 stars. And to the veterans that worked together to make this whiskey, thank you for a quality bourbon and for your service to our country!

comments powered by Disqus

Search

Follow Us

Popular Posts