View Cart | (0) item(s) | Total cost:: $0

Photographer Featurette: Lee Baxley

Posted July 22, 2014
Submitted by
leebaxley, okchivefeaturette

Not all photographers are created equal. Lee Baxley is a man that has consistently produced quality shots of everything from amazing family photographs, solo portraits, boudoir shoots, and breathtaking stills of our Oklahoma Chivettes.  The man is gifted, and quite talented in all that he does whether he's working with a man, woman, couple, or a family with small kids - he's a photographical wizard.  But before you see all of the amazing work that he does... get to know a little bit more about the man behind the camera.

What got you into theCHIVE? 
I started checking out theCHIVE as many other people do, for the funny pictures and pretty girls.  But I love that it goes so much deeper than that, with awesome, laid back people who genuinely want to do better in the world.  There are few organizations that become popular and end up using their popularity for the betterment of mankind, but that's exactly what theCHIVE does, and I hope to do the same with my own career!

As a photographer, what is your hope, your desire that you wish to share with the world more than anything? 
I believe I see the true beauty in all things.  Of course, much of my work involves pretty/sexy photos of women, and I want to capture the beauty of these women, not only on the outside, but on the inside.  I genuinely feel that if I can help women feel better about themselves, it will make them happy, and we can all spread happiness in our own ways.  So yea, maybe it's a lofty goal, but I'd like to think I'm working on making the world a better place.

What are some of your favorite shoots? 
My favorite shoots always involve a cool, fun subject, someone I get along with great and is interested in trying new things.  My favorite shoots involve either getting wet or messy.  Sometimes it's a pain to clean up, but they are always fun and each and every one is a little different.  

What makes you continue to be involved in theCHIVE community today? 
I got involved with the local community when I was asked to help shoot part of the calendar here.  Due to various things happening, I ended up having the pleasure of shooting 2/3 of the girls for the calendar, and those girls are the reason why I love theCHIVE community here.  I've just been so lucky to have met some amazing people, people who truly care about others and don't try to take advantage of kindness.  It's so rare to see in this day and age, but I'm glad to have found a great bunch of people!!

If you had to name one thing you'd like to achieve in your career, what would it be?
If you had asked me this a year ago, I'd have given you a different answer!  My main goal in life now is to reach a point of success where I can open up a wellness center for women, where we provide services that help women feel better about themselves.  It would have a gym, massage therapy/spa, hair and makeup studio, and of course my photo studio.  It would basically be like a day spa of sorts where women could get pampered, and then get a photo shoot afterwards.  I would love to be able to say that every woman who walks in my door feels like a million bucks when she leaves.  

A little shout out from THE Lee Baxley to his friend Kimmy Fine:

Even though she hates it when I call her out, I have to give thanks and props to my business partner/assistant/Photoshop Wizard/best friend Kimmy.  She keeps me in line, keeps me humble, yet confident, and keeps me grounded.  She's truly an awesome person.

comments powered by Disqus

Search

Follow Us

Popular Posts