View Cart | (0) item(s) | Total cost:: $0

So Chive is Just About T&A?!

Posted January 22, 2015
Submitted by
random, awesome, thechive

Some people wonder why we do our themed threads. Why do we openly ask for people to submit so many different themes and create the perception that chivers are obsessed about T&A, that we're all a bunch of thirsty fucks, or that we only want to get together and grind our awkward boners on one another in public like a bunch of pre-pubescent teenagers? The fact of the matter is that perception is wrong. It's about empowerment.

You might asking yourself, "Empowerment, brown guy?" Yes - empowerment. Every body is different. Every person loves certain attributes of themselves, or certain aspects of their persona and physique that make them feel empowered. Makes them feel sexy. Makes them feel desired. Makes them feel like they belong. We don't ask or call for themed pics so everyone can drool all over one another. We do it to empower our members, and give as many opportunities as we possibly can to make our members, our friends, and our family feel empowered and worth more than they did the day before.

Why? We are first and foremost a community organization focused on raising money for organizations that need help. Organizations that can do some good and benefit from our shenanigans. How can we do these things if we do not empower our members? To make them feel as if their actions can make a difference. That they are sexy beasts and should be appreciated as such. That we're all amazing people in one of the most unique creations that's ever been born. That we can make a difference in our communities to the point where the world takes notice. That we are a bunch of misfits that uplift one another on a daily basis to empower one another. To better one another.

That's the underlying creedo of OK Chive - Family, Friendship, Community, Empowerment. Seeing OK Chive flourish in what it does for its community and become what it is, participating in threads myself, and raising money for charity... had I not even given the local Chive community a try, I never would have found so many close friends - people that are like family. I never would have felt like I could make such a huge difference. I never would have found out just how beneficial the little things I do day in and day out can impact my community for the better. So if you haven't participated in themed threads, made it to an event, or joined us for one of our social gatherings - I encourage you to do so. You might just find something that brings out a side of you that you never knew existed - just like I did.

KCCO and have a great day, Chivers. You're all amazing people - whether you know it or not.

comments powered by Disqus

Search

Follow Us

Popular Posts